cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Added sensor, works fine. But what do i have to do to the thermostat itself? Please help.

Carol2
Community Member

I set up a sensor to go with the 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat I got very recently. I have this whole setup because I'm disabled. I happily set up the app and the sensor. All was well. Now I can see that the thermostat itself has a symbol on it and some kind of statement about setting up the room that it's in. WHY WHY WHY. Everything is working fine. Except the thermostat doesn't have a temp on it any more. Just some kind of message. Now I'll have to stand up, which is so difficult, and answer questions on the thermostat. This should have all been taken care of automatically when I set up the app. What do I need to take over there when I wheel there? Will I need the sensor or the code on the battery tag? Will I have to answer many questions? I don't even know how to answer questions, actually, on the thermostat. Turn the dial or something? This is frustrating. It should just work!

1 REPLY 1

Carol2
Community Member

I should add that I DON'T want the thermostat to automatically respond to the sensor. I just wanted to have the sensor, not have it affect what the thermostat is doing.