cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Battery Powered Thermostat?

JohnBidis
Community Member

Are there any plans for the European version to get power (the thermostat) from batteries? Being able to move it but have to put close to an outlet kind of defeats the purpose of portability in my opinion . 

4 REPLIES 4

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Im not sure what your asking here... 

A Thermostat has to be wired into the furnace to control it, as furnaces themselves are not wireless.  Why would you want your thermostat to be portable? 

If you want to control it, since its a nest, you can do so from your phone, or google speakers, etc. 

JohnBidis
Community Member

I am talking about the version that has the heatlink . That one is connected to the HVAC and the connection between the round thermostat and it, is wireless. That's why they have the stand ...you can move it around but it needs power from an outlet . I was suggesting to lose the wired connection to the outlet 😉

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Ah yes , would have been helpful if you had mentioned it was the European version (the was sarcasm directed at myself for not reading your first statement, my fault doing things late at night) 

All good , no worries! If any member of the team has an insight, I will appreciate it .