cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't connect nest thermostats to google home

RTanner1
Community Member

I need to switch my thermostats over from the Nest app to Google Home app. When scanning the QR code I get an error message and it says unable to sync. I tried syncing them thru the Nest app but when it asked me for login email and password, it keeps saying they are incorrect. I tried the link to reset password but the email never goes to my inbox. Now i've completely lost ALL ability to control the thermostats thru the Nest app because it keeps asking for login info and none of my passwords work. Very frustrated, Please help!

2 REPLIES 2

TechWithBrett
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hey RTanner1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Nest Community, let's see if we can help you out. 

First, let's check to make sure your Nest account has been migrated to a Google account.  To do that, follow the instructions to verify that you have migrated. 

If you are still not able to sign in to the Nest app, try these steps to Troubleshoot account migration issues.

Once you are able to sign into the Nest app with your Google Account, your Nest thermostat will be available in the Google Home app.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Brett

RTanner1
Community Member

I was able to resolve, thanks.