cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cannot invite family member to google nest. After typing an email address cannot lcik the next butto

Pal
Community Member

After installing Google home. Tried to invite family member. Let's me go to the screen where I can type a name or email but after typing an email address clicking next button does not go to the next screen. 

8 REPLIES 8

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Try to add that person as a google contact (Assistant -> Your people) and then invite that person in Google Home again.

Pal
Community Member

Sorted. I had to create a Gmail account for the family member. That's the only way I could invite. 

Great glad it all worked out

LMD1956
Community Member

Same exact thing happening with me. Have tried to put my husband on the Goggle Nest account. I have entered his name and also tried his email. Click the 'next' after entering the information  and nothing happens. Have tried many times, won't work.

Pal
Community Member

Try setting up a new gmail email account. Even if it is just for using this app. That seemed to work for me. 

Pal
Community Member

As in create a new gmail account for your husband

GA945
Community Member

I am having the same problem. After I type in the email address to invite someone in my household, the system changes the address to one ending in Gmail. The person does not have Gmail nor does two other family members that did get invites without a problem. Not sure how to correct this or get the email sent to the correct address without system intervention, making his email address incorrect. 

Pal
Community Member

Just create a Gmail account just for the nest. That worked for me