cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Continuous disconnection from WiFi

fabreg
Community Member

I have two thermostat one in my bedroom and one in aisle.

The one in bedroom keeps disconnecting from WiFi. I already bought a WiFi extender just to be sure the signal of WiFi connection is stronger but no luck. It still disconnecting. Sometimes for a couple of minutes, other times for 30 mins also. And this is very annoying. 

Are you using the thermostat with 5Ghz or 2,4GHz WiFi?

Do someone have a suggest for fixing this issue?

Thank you.

Software version 5.9.5-2

2 REPLIES 2

Rixington43
Community Member

Hi there

I've been fighting offline 3rd Gen stat for maybe a year now and nest support ran out of options are replacing the device, the only issue we could find was a really high and fluctuating 'ms ping' result which you can find by selecting technical info - network on the thermostat. Anything above 1000ms will give you serious problems. I lowered the RTS threshold, DTIM and beacon intervals on my ASUS router and now I have a ping closer to 600ms and the device seems far more stable. It's only been a couple of days but it seems to have helped.

fabreg
Community Member

Hi,

and thanks for your answer.

Right now, I've switched from 5GHz to 2,4GHz from my router (huawei b818-623 - it's a 4G+ router) to the extender (TP-link re200) and connected the thermostat to the 2,4GHz WiFI instead of 5Ghz, then I resetted the network settings.

Since yesterday, when I performed this operation, no disconnection.

I will keep one eye on to. IF the fix is just using WiFi 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz - then it's ok by me.