cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ecobee Thermostat not available

SDgoogl
Community Member

My thermostat doesn't want to work with my Google home system since I upgraded to Pixel 8.   "Thermostat isn't available right now, try resetting it."I've restarted, reset, deleted off the Google home app. Reinstalled and no changes. Also tried re connecting/linking Ecobee w/o success 

3 REPLIES 3

cozycatday
Community Member

I just installed my first ecobee yesterday, paired it with my google home ecosystem this morning, and found the same issue. Luckily, I found this information on reddit before wasting too much time troubleshooting:

"Fatima from ecobee here. We've received reports that ecobee Smart Thermostats and Switch+ are appearing as "offline" in the Google Home app, making them unresponsive to control within the Google Home app. However, control of ecobee Smart Thermostats and Switch+ through Google Assistant voice commands should remain unaffected. Our team is investigating. In the meantime, you can continue using the ecobee app, Google Assistant, other third-party apps, or the devices themselves to control and adjust. Thanks for your patience as we work on resolving this issue."  Ecobee has a status page on their website to update progress on this (I'm a new user to this forum so I'm not sure if I can link to another site).  This issue was reported on Feb 23 and so far is unresolved.

WOW, thank you. 

iceemike
Community Member

I also have the same problem. Thanks for sharing the status page information.