cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Home app says my Nest thermostats are by “off-line”

Benrub
Community Member

Suddenly out of the blue the Google home app is no longer able to control my two Nest thermostats. The app says that both thermostats are “offline” when I walk up to the thermostat and go into the settings, everything looks normal. Both thermostats are connected to the Wi-Fi and report a strong signal. I’ve already tried restarting my router and restarting both thermostats. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

14 REPLIES 14

davewx2123
Community Member

Same thing happened to me, 22 minutes ago. 

Jmo12
Community Member

Same here! Found this thread because I’m trying to figure out why?!?

txcpa
Community Member

My Nest Yale locks are also offline. 

Google customer service are sucks , they were helping live with customers now you you can't get in touch with no one.

My strong believe they created these kind of problems which never been , to pushing us by new generation of their **bleep** products, this sucker who called Zuckerberg what he needs all these money for ????! He is an animal not human 

davewx2123
Community Member

And I have 2 thermostats and it is only effecting 1 of them, the other is fine.

Mahmood
Community Member

App says it is offline as well but shows connected when I check the thermostat 

davewx2123
Community Member

Magically, mine just came back on 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dsmit
Community Member

You may be the next victim of the 6.2-22 firmware update.  Many users are reporting significant issues after this update, which started rolling out last week.  

For me, my Gen 3 Learning Thermostat cannot find any Wi-Fi networks.  Something has changed in the firmware update that renders the device unable to connect.

Customer Support told me my unit is out of warranty and suggested the only fix was to buy a new one!

Dsmit
Community Member

Lots of discussion on this topic here:  6.2-22 Software Update Issues - Google Nest Community

Benrub
Community Member

When I went to bed last night it was not working but I when I woke up this morning it is now working normally. 

Fi
Community Member

Maybe helpful...

Having the same issue w 622, I was leery of resetting the thermostat and losing everything. I did this:

• Checked breaker for furnace (good)
  • Rebooted the thermostat from its settings
  • Flipped off the master power switch on the furnace for a couple mins.
  • Flipped back on the master furnace switch on the furnace.

It immediately kicked on and is working again so far

Darek
Community Member

My nest app (android) is showing the thermostat as off line but it is not. I have tried reset of the thermostat, the app router and it started to work for 5 minutes and back to showing off line on nest app. I have checked the technical report from the thermostat and no faults. The battery is showing 3.95v. 

The soft update was 5.9.5-2 was installed on the thermostat 2 November 21 and since this is constant issue. I have also noticed that is no longer following my set schedule. What is the point of having a smart thermostat when it does not work as intended. 

Capncas
Community Member

I first experienced this incongruency back in late September the home App can’t communicate with my Nest Learning Thermostat, but the Nest App can. It’s almost as if Google wants to forget the legacy Nest devices. But that wouldn’t be the case would it?  Almost as if they want me to buy a new thermostat. Nope. Not google.

ElleMcW3
Community Member

I have reset 2 thermostats, checked power to it, reset wifi, works one minute and doesn't the next. They are only a year old.. no reason. Wired.. so not battery. What's the deal... Time to buy another brand?