cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Heat link not working

Elisponge
Community Member

My heat link has just stopped working, 4 years installed H71 error code and no lights on the heat link at all. Can't turn on or reset. Any suggestions please? I can't seem to be able to just get a heat link either which isn't great if it's just decided to break.

Reset everything, power cycle, fuse box and WiFi. Nothing helps

1 Recommended Answer

Leah87
Community Member

I haven’t got one yet. You need to ring nest on 0808 169 2307 and give them all the details. They’ve then referred me to a “senior” who should get back to be today or tomorrow and from there it should get the ball rolling I hope.

View Recommended Answer in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Leah87
Community Member

Same thing happened to mine yesterday, completely dead, no lights etc. Means we’ve no heating now for dear know how long with temp dropping and yellow weather warnings today. Google know about this and it seems to be a common fault. If your UK mainland customer you should be fine. The rest of us over here in NI have to contact an electrician to remove and reinstall new replacement (when sent), pay out of our own pocket for all of the above (including £40 to have the heat link sent quicker) and wait for a reimbursement. Thinking of installing a new thermostat altogether and leaving nest completely. 

Elisponge
Community Member

Leah. Thanks for the reply, mine d been working faultlessly for 4 years or so, the thermostat just flashed up not connected yesterday and the link is dead. How did you get a replacement heat link? I can't seem to find one anywhere 

Leah87
Community Member

I haven’t got one yet. You need to ring nest on 0808 169 2307 and give them all the details. They’ve then referred me to a “senior” who should get back to be today or tomorrow and from there it should get the ball rolling I hope.

Leah87
Community Member

Mine was faultless for 2 plus years too and came back last night from work to a cold house to find a h71 code on the thermostat and heat link dead with no lights. I hope the same thing doesn’t happen when we finally get the replacement. 

Elisponge
Community Member

That's amazing (not that the things broken) for the information, thank you...I will find it a go and see what happens

Absolutely rubbish customer support could not fix my issue so I am binning the nest and buying a hive 

Don’t blame you. If mine goes again I’m defo changing to an alternative smart heating system. The fact that they haven’t recalled the thermostats when so many of them are breaking is ridiculous.

204DA5C5-B592-42C2-ABDA-A037C9883DCD.jpeg

Funny enough my heatlink went yesterday and replacement on the way but thankfully it seems like a simple enough replacement of turning off mains and rewriting the heatlink with the new one  (NI also)

Yea, I’ve decided I’m going to give it a go myself to save time as it’s getting very cold. Have you found a way to bypass the heat link to get heat on in the meantime?

I bought a hive now 10x better get rid of it I did its rubbish too complicated