cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I delete a Google Home profile?

Ghostnyc
Community Member

Hi -

I have been having a very long standing issue connecting my Nest Thermostats (2020) to the Google Home app.  In a recent attempt to resolve my issue, I created a new home profile called "Thermostat Test".  My attempt did not work and now I cannot delete the "Thermostat Test" profile from my Google Home app.  Whenever I attempt to delete the profile (via settings > Delete this home) I get a error message that states "There was a problem communicating with Google. Please wait a few moments" 

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

JFK
Community Member

same problem. have two home profiles. wish to delete one. any answers?

Ghostnyc
Community Member

No responses as of yet 

cobian
Community Member

I just figured it out. You must use the Google home app, from with in it select the profile you would like to delete, then open settings and delete. 

Hope this helps

Ghostnyc
Community Member

Thanks for the response. I previously attempted this method, however it did not work for me.

There are several ongoing issues with the Google Home app properly syncing with my main google account that Google has not corrected as of yet which has resulted in me using my main account for almost all my home automation needs, except for my Nest Thermostats which will ONLY connect to a secondary account associated with a different home profile.