cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to add second thermostat to the nest app since i have a two zone system

VJ_2021
Community Member
1 Recommended Answer

VJ_2021
Community Member

Update: i was able to add both of my thermostats in the Nest app. Just had to add under a new name… seems to work ok for now. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

wspekhardt
Community Member

This is the message........    "The app is having trouble connecting to the assisting Nest product. Make sure your close to it, that's it's online and that you r phone is connected to the same wifi network. TD013 (4096). "   I keep getting this error. I already reset to factory setting twice. I can connect either one by its self but when I try to add one or the other as a second device it gives me the error message above. Please help.

VJ_2021
Community Member

Update: i was able to add both of my thermostats in the Nest app. Just had to add under a new name… seems to work ok for now. 

Conlan75
Community Member

What did you do to get this to work? Was it as a new house or? 

Jbk
Community Member

Hi,

when you say under a new name, do you mean adding a separate home?  I have 7 zones and seemed to be hitting my max of 5 “homes”

Jbk
Community Member

I chatted with google.  They had me switch my wifi setting to my iphone hotspot.  That allowed the units to be added under one home.  Then switched back to regular wifi in my house

Qzj
Community Member

Hi Jbk, is this the way to add another thermostat in a separate house on the same iphone?  When you said under one home, do you mean the same home or another location?  Thanks.

Pippin212
Community Member

Click on settings, scroll down, click add product. Add as many as you like.