cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm home but thermostat still goes into eco mode

petra777
Community Member

I installed two Nest Thermostats over the last couple days but find that even though I am home, both thermostats go into Eco mode at the scheduled time instead of staying in Comfort mode. We are in the house moving past the thermostats (Activity sensor turned on for each thermostat). I also have presence sensing turned on for three of our phones with locations services set to Always for the Google Home app. Don't know what else could be wrong.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Bacon
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue, I only use two nest protects in the second floor bedrooms, to determine if someone is home or away. The system will go into eco mode, and strangely sometimes it will return to its set temperature when someone is in the bedrooms, other times it will stay in eco mode all night. All have excellent Wi-Fi connections, and are running the latest software. I even painstakingly factory reset every nest device in my house to no avail. 

SpineDoc
Community Member

The answer is, this product is garbage.

Glad I could help.

gwbyrd
Community Member

Sadly, this would appear to be true.

shro8559
Community Member

If the problem is the same as mine, it could be that you got a new phone, or someone the Nest App when back to using your old phone to determine when you are home.  I had this happen after I was out of time for 3 weeks.  But when I updated "What decides if you're home" it started working just fine.

gwbyrd
Community Member

I keep waking up to a freezing home because I have the same problem. The thermostat goes into eco mode overnight and won't turn back on until I walk past the thermostat, even though location sensing on my phone is turned on and I am at home.

Timmothy
Community Member

Same issue here, has anyone received any answers to this??

SpineDoc
Community Member

I had to call in. The stupid thermostat kept turning off my in floor heat and it would take hours to get back up to temperature. 

It finally stays stable but there were a lot of things that had to be done. The Nest is really not very smart.

Aron50
Community Member

Wait you can call someone? Last time I tried to look in to the issue I got sent to dead forum posts which I could vent my frustrations on. I like how this forum doesn't have any vendor response on it. I guess they can just keep partitioning off upset users.

JC13
Community Member

So at this point we can assume Nest knows about their faulty device but refuses to publicly acknowledge it or address it. Thanks google. Another winner here...smh

Brian_B
Community Member

Nest customer service are a bunch of useless knobs. No answer to an issue with thousands of reported problems.

Bacon
Community Member

Magically my thermostat has been working over the past few days after restarting the thermostat. But I have little confidence it will stay fixed

Aron50
Community Member

Best suggestion yet. Having worked in technology for 30 years I wonder why I didn't think of this.....oh yeah, because it is a thermostat. Oh well, didn't have to reboot phones in the past either