cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I need help. My Nest control is not charging. It is not connected to the wall, and usually charges

Margaret1
Community Member

Basically, the nest control is not charging.  It is not connected to the wall, but charges wirh a usb cable.

now it keeps switching itself off.

I need help, what should I do

7 REPLIES 7

bluenow
Community Member

If your nest thermostat runs on 4 wires configuration , the charging will be only on steal mode, or said trickle charging , at up to 40 mA, which could be easily end up to low battery and shut off  the nest thermostat . There many things could cause nest thermostat to consume more powers , like unable to connect to WIFI and cause continues re-try . 

Add or connect C wire will improve charging greatly , make charging current up to 200mA , and this would enough to most of the cases .  If in a situation still have charging problem , one solution is to install an extra 24v power adapter to supply 24v power on wire C and Rc . 

thank you for replying.  But this doesn’t help me as the unit was never connected to the wall.  It was only plugged into a socket.  Unless you are now saying that I have to connect it to the wall for it to work. 

Some instruction on how to connect the extra cables to be able to supply a load at 200mA please

Jonasmorelr
Community Member

Hello, my thermostat only lasts a few hours with load, in order to use it I am giving it a load daily, how can I solve that please?

Rorororo
Community Member

Did anyone get an answer here? Lol

Philipnpascoe
Community Member

My charging cable will not connect

The charging cable will not go in slot