cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is Nest still learning ?

Mike_Spragg
Community Member

I originally setup the schedule to come on at a certain time and off at certain time. I noticed that Nest would modify the schedule and put in what it was changing temp to and any user inputs. However, I thought I was over controlling it so deleted the entire week schedule. I now leave it alone - just use the ring to turn up/down depending if I'm home (am most eve's) and turn up heating from around 5pm and off by around 2am. 

However, the schedule is remaining entirely blank - it doesn't seem to be "learning" at all and is pretty much a fancy thermostat. The overnight report shows my activity but the schedule isn't changing. Is this expected or, more pointedly, do I need to reset it back to leaning. Both the auto-schedule and learning are on.

2 REPLIES 2

Proggie
Community Member

Same. It has "learning" in the name but it never learns. Bought a new one in July when I moved into a new place so I didn't make any adjustments because it's the summer and furnace wasn't being used. In the fall I started making adjustments and it never learned anything. In December I contacted support and they asked me to reset it. I started making adjustments and it learned my weekend routine within a week, but rest of the week is still blank to this day. My original nest worked a lot better.

Mike_Spragg
Community Member

Yup, I gave up - just leave it for schedule and nice looking but expensive thermostat.