cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need help in replacing Replacing Honeywell TH2110D1009/U thermostat

SV
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my Honeywell TH2110D1009/U to Nest Learning Thermostat. The current wiring shows "Yellow wire" as disconnected - not sure if I have to connect to the Nest base. Highly appreciate any help!

(Please view the attached pics)

Thx,

SVIMG_3003.JPGIMG_3004.JPGIMG_3005.JPGIMG_3006.JPG

1 Recommended Answer

sporfrog
Bronze
Bronze

The Y terminal is used for cooling (A/C). Most often the yellow wire is connected to the Y terminal. If your system does not have cooling, you don't need to use the wire for your Nest Thermostat.  No need to connect it to the Nest base.

View Recommended Answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for the detailed pictures. This looks like an electric forced air furnace for heat, no AC, is that correct?

SV
Community Member

Yup, no AC

sporfrog
Bronze
Bronze

The Y terminal is used for cooling (A/C). Most often the yellow wire is connected to the Y terminal. If your system does not have cooling, you don't need to use the wire for your Nest Thermostat.  No need to connect it to the Nest base.

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Yes the OP first needs to confirm that his HVAC setup does not include any cooling, then we can conclude that the yellow wire is not indeed.

SV
Community Member

Just curious - can I just go ahead and plug in the yellow wire even if I dont have an AC system?

No, you should not plug in the yellow wire. 

SV
Community Member

Patrick_Caezza
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert
Your current thermostat is compatible with the Nest 3rd Gen Learning Thermostat.

I would suggest wiring it like this.

Red - R to Rh
Blue - C to C
White - W to W1
Green - G to G

Since you have a heat-only system you do not need the yellow wire and it should be left disconnected like it currently is.

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza