cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need help with wiring for nest thermostat, please

reverserunner
Community Member

Hello,

The wiring of my tranditional thermostat is:

original.png

is this wiring for the nest thermostat correct?

IMG_4682.JPG

Thanks a lot!

1 Recommended Answer

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I’m sorry but this is not a correct response. The actual problem is you need to move the red wire from RH over to RC. Blue wire is indeed the common wire and does not need to be put in the *.

if you use the nest configuration tool as outlined in the installation manual, it should’ve told you to put the red wire in RC, and all the other wires exactly where you have them.

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MrVacca
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

If it's not already working, my suggestion is to move the blue wire that's located in your picture in the C slot over to the * slot.

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I’m sorry but this is not a correct response. The actual problem is you need to move the red wire from RH over to RC. Blue wire is indeed the common wire and does not need to be put in the *.

if you use the nest configuration tool as outlined in the installation manual, it should’ve told you to put the red wire in RC, and all the other wires exactly where you have them.

If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hi There @CoolingWizard - I stumbled upon your expert reply here and hoping you might be able to help me with my similar wiring question? I began a discussion here - https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Thermostats/Confirmation-Guide-to-wiring/td-p/286746

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Dwein1107, 

I posted a response for you.

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard

Hey there,

Thanks for the help here, @CoolingWizard.
@reverserunner, awesome — glad to hear that your issue is fixed. It looks like we can consider this one complete, so I will lock the thread shortly unless I can help out with anything else.

Best,
Mel

Thank you so much!  It is working and I am getting the heat now!