cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest E Thermostat

Rando119
Community Member

Hi.

I started setting up my Nest E last night and had paired the thermometer to my Nest app with no problems. 

I then realised I would need to wire in the heat link to my boiler and so decided to stop.

I removed the device from my nest App as I wanted to start fresh tomorrow with the installation guide.  I unplugged the thermometer too ( don't know why!).

Ive gone to re pair it today and so far it's been charging for about 4 hours and all I have is the red flashing light and nothing else.

Any tips on what it might be?  Nest support have said to send it back to supplier but surely there can't be a fault as it worked fine yesterday. Is it just a case of waiting longer for it recharge?

I've tried multiple plug sockets and even a different plug to make sure the nest one wasn't faulty.

Thanks 

1 Recommended Answer

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Rando119, did you perform an Nest-E shutdown? 

Press the otter ring for 10-seconds and force a shutdown. Then wait 5-seconds, Pull the display off the base, wait 5-seconds, and install the display back onto the nest base plate.  This should get the thermostat to restart. 

The heat link is automatically paired with your Nest E from the factory. So it was not necessary to actually turn everything off or two erase it from your app. So hopefully this will restart your thermostat so you continue where you left off. 

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

View Recommended Answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Rando119, did you perform an Nest-E shutdown? 

Press the otter ring for 10-seconds and force a shutdown. Then wait 5-seconds, Pull the display off the base, wait 5-seconds, and install the display back onto the nest base plate.  This should get the thermostat to restart. 

The heat link is automatically paired with your Nest E from the factory. So it was not necessary to actually turn everything off or two erase it from your app. So hopefully this will restart your thermostat so you continue where you left off. 

If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hello! I have a somewhat similar problem and was hoping you may have some advice. The Nest E is properly physically installed...it's a 2-wire system (propane boiler- heat only), the wires are clean and inserted properly, the battery has been fully charged via USB. The thermostat has been mounted on the wall.  Now I'm ready to continue the installation and set up the app...but....I can't proceed. The display shows the house icon, sometimes it flashes green and then flashes orange, then the thermostat reboots and keeps doing this over and over. It seems to be stuck. Therefore, I haven't proceeded far enough along to add the thermostat in the app. I've repeated the steps mentioned above 4 or 5 times and always get the same result and the battery has been fully charged each time. When the battery is charging via USB, the house icon stays on the screen along with a flashing green light. I've tried the shut-down steps you mentioned above, but this didn't help.  Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

Rando119
Community Member

Thanks.  All sorted now. Just hope my wiring is correct as I've had to wire direct to boiler.  A very old Worcester Bosch from 2009

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Remember, the boiler connects to the heat link and not to the Nest E itself. .  (Wink). Those European boilers are fun to work with.  

Underpar
Community Member

I may have posted this question above at the wrong part of the thread. Newbie mistake! Therefore, I'm reposting it here. 

Hello! I have a somewhat similar problem and was hoping you may have some advice. The Nest E is properly physically installed...it's a 2-wire system (propane boiler- heat only), the wires are clean and inserted properly, the battery has been fully charged via USB. The thermostat has been mounted on the wall.  Now I'm ready to continue the installation and set up the app...but....I can't proceed. The display shows the house icon, sometimes it flashes green and then flashes orange, then the thermostat reboots and keeps doing this over and over. It seems to be stuck. Therefore, I haven't proceeded far enough along to add the thermostat in the app. I've repeated the steps mentioned above 4 or 5 times and always get the same result and the battery has been fully charged each time. When the battery is charging via USB, the house icon stays on the screen along with a flashing green light. I've tried the shut-down steps you mentioned above, but this didn't help.  Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

Sorry, I can't help you here unfortunately.  Hopefully someone else can.  

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Underpar,

Please go to https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Thermostats/bd-p/Thermostats and post your question there.  Now that Rando119’s original problem has been corrected, this message thread will be closed and locked and helping you might get interrupted. When you post your question make sure you add some details such as the process by which you did the install, that is did you just stick the wires in or did you use the online configuration tool that with download and configure the thermostat?

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard 

OK, thank you for the suggestion.  And yes, I did use the configuration tool.

Cheers!