cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Learning Gen. 2 Time to Temp

acbent
Community Member

Must say, I absolutely love my Nest thermostat. I picked it up locally on FB Marketplace for $70.00 Canadian. We have an electric furnace and the Nest carries out the schedule that I created flawlessly. Installation was a cinch with only 2 wires to connect. Anyway, on to my question: Why does my thermostat only display Time-to-Temp ("in xx minutes") intermittently? Lately - the past 2 to three days - it only displays the time to temp on occasional cycles. It seems to me that for the first week or so, it displayed the time-to-temp on every single cycle. Thanks in advance. Adam

2 REPLIES 2

LKato
Community Member

HI, I don't have a solution but I have a question related to your issue. What does the Time to Temp mean? I have mine set to 72 heat and it says: 72 in 55 minutes. Does that mean it will take 55 minutes until the temp reaches 72?

acbent
Community Member

Yes, that is my understanding. I actually haven't timed it but it seems fairly spot-on. What I've noticed, since posting my question, is that it will always show the time-to-temp if I make an adjustment to the physical thermostat itself. If I make a change anywhere else - via Google Home, my phone or on my computer - it will not display the time-to-temp. It will show on my phone and computer if I check those after making the adjustment at the actual thermostat on the wall.  Strange. Still loving my Nest!