cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Power Connector compatibility

JordanSpeak
Community Member

Hello! We have a Nest 3rd Gen and it intermittently gives problems because the battery depletes. We don’t have a C wire running to the thermostat so I believe the solution would be adding the Power connector to our furnace wiring. Before doing so I wanted to check to see if the wiring we have is compatible with the connector.

Our system is a gas forced air furnace, and an AC unit (so heating and cooling). This is how the wiring is set up:

D1106955-D5C3-4C83-8D3C-BADA7E607C92.jpeg

The black wire in C goes to the AC as does the red wire in Y2.

To the best of my understanding I should be able to use the following wiring setup to add the Power Connector (the C port would now have both the AC and the new connection from the Power Connector)

8151D1AA-1E26-443B-92D6-43F8CA16FC52.jpeg

 Do I have the correct idea here? Thanks!

1 Recommended Answer

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You indeed understand it correctly and the schematic is spot on. 

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You indeed understand it correctly and the schematic is spot on. 

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hello folks,

I wanted to ensure that everything was covered here.

Thanks for confirming, @CoolingWizard.

@JordanSpeak, I'm checking in — how's it going? Still need our help with your Nest Power Connector's installation? Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mark

Things should be good now! Don’t need to add the power connector quite yet (the power loss problems seem to happen in the summer more) but my question has been answered

Hi JordanSpeak,

Sounds great! I'm glad to hear it was sorted out. It looks like we can consider this one complete, so I will lock the thread within 24 hours unless I can help out with anything else.

Best,

Mark