cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat switches to "OFF" MODE at night.

ccmulder
Community Member

So I installed the thermostat about a week ago and it switched to OFF at night   I have not read anywhere that this is a function and think it may be a defect.  I tried resetting and turning the auto-schedule off and that did nothing.  Is this a defect or is there something I am not aware of that is causing it to turn off?  I have it hooked up to "C" power and I never had any problems with the previous thermostat.  The thermostat does not go "blank" as in no power it simply switches to the "Off" mode.

1 Recommended Answer

ccmulder
Community Member

Okay so I figured it out--I have a routine when I go to bed to turn off all the lights and fans.  Apparently Google interprets "Turn off the Living Room fan" as turning off the Thermostat, which I had set up in the living room.  So I moved the Thermostat to its own room (Hallway) to avoid this issue. 

As an aside is there any way to prevent Google from turning off a device by accident.  Like some sort of exclusion? 

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hiphopast
Community Member

Hi. If you looking for more advanced thermostat Nest will not offer you anything. Only limited basic options and cool look with weather widget. My old £50 thermostat offer more customizations and options than this except cool widget and wifi. 

ccmulder
Community Member

Okay so I figured it out--I have a routine when I go to bed to turn off all the lights and fans.  Apparently Google interprets "Turn off the Living Room fan" as turning off the Thermostat, which I had set up in the living room.  So I moved the Thermostat to its own room (Hallway) to avoid this issue. 

As an aside is there any way to prevent Google from turning off a device by accident.  Like some sort of exclusion?