cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat says on but house isn't heating

Rev
Community Member

I'm away from home. I've checked my Nest App and seen the heating appears to be on but the house is not heating. I'm returning tomorrow and expect the house to be cold! It could be a problem with the boiler, but is there any way I can check this in advance?

2 REPLIES 2

MrGoogle
Community Member

From the App does it think you are Away or Home?  When you open the app the circle will indicate.

MrGoogle_0-1637674379515.png

If you want your furnace to stay on while you are away, click on the "gear", home away assist, click on the away button top right of screen, and select "No change" for your thermostat.  Mine is set to Eco mode when away and likely yours is too.

MrGoogle_1-1637674640766.png

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

If your Nest thermostat is calling for heat (Orange color on Nest App) and the temperature continues to drop, then most likely your boiler is not working properly. Check your thermostat history in the Nest app (Nest App -> select your thermostat -> history ) and check what is the first day/time that shows all in orange, that will be the day/time the problem started to occur. There is no physical way to verify whether your boiler is running or not, in the future suggest you install a camera in your boiler room to hear if you boiler runs.