cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostats - turn off radiators of many rooms in the house

Ngocth
Community Member

Hi,

I got the Nest thermostat installed for more than a month. Just got the monthly report from google showing the heating hour was 230 hours in the last one month which sounds very low to me. I also noticed that radiators in many rooms in the house were turned off automatically. For example, at night when we go upstairs to sleep, the heating for the ground floor in kitchen and living room were turned off. It is desirable to save energy, but I want to check if there is a way to set schedule, so that the ground floor is heated up earlier in the morning before we come down. Also, in the loft, where we do have people stay, the heating is on and off. How do we control the heating to be stable? Does the person who stay up need to sign up for an account with google and connect to Nest for it to work and detect the phone signal? 

thanks

1 REPLY 1

kiltguy2112
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

For you first part use early on https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9246532?hl=en

The second part may be a bit trickier. If this is an air bnb thing, I would just have the tstat built in prescense sense control it. If it is a long term situation and they are not family you could move it to a seperate account that they could be invited into.