cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostats

Tbone
Community Member

I have a nest learning thermostat in my downstairs.  I love it but I don’t need a second learning thermostat upstairs.  Will a regular nest thermostat work just as good upstairs?  It doesn’t need to have all the bells and whistles as the one I have downstairs. 

3 REPLIES 3

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

The Nest Thermostat does not support as any heating/cooling setups as the Nest learning thermostats, and also cannot be accessed by the Nest App=(only google home). If you don’t care about the Nest App, the ability to do advance configurations on the device itself, and your setup is compatible, there is no reason not to get it for upstairs, it works great, is esthetically pleasing, and cheaper. 

Thanks Lauren!   I use the nest app but I also have google home.  If I’m not mistaken you are telling me the regular nest thermostat will not communicate with the app but will be able to be controlled by my google home.  Am I right?

Correct, the Nest Thermostat (the one with the mirror face plate) is not available in the Nest app, only in google home, you will be able to control it only from google home.  Do you have a complex heat/cool setup? - If so you need to be careful as I mentioned. If you upload a picture of the wire plate you have downstairs I can confirm.