cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest

ABagby
Community Member

My nest thermostat is not keeping my house warm. The nest warms the house then it drops the temp to 65 or 62 then says it will take 2+hrs to reach the set temp. I've tried setting a schedule, turned off learning and eco and I'm still having this issue please help? 

3 REPLIES 3

oujennnyo
Community Member

I’m having the same issue. It’s -25 F here in MN. Please someone help! It’s happening with family members’ Nest thermostats too.

Bpearson87
Community Member

Same issue. The heating elements were not being activated. Did some research and as long as your filter(s) are good, it likely has to do with the calibration of the thermostat. Found an answer about turning the desired temp to just 2-4 degrees above the room temperature and it worked by activating the heating elements. For example, our room temp was 62 degree so I turning the desired temp to 64 for a minute and it worked, now have it at 66 and will keep increasing it. Hopefully it will recalibrate itself.

SanNGA
Community Member

I too had this issue and someone on another thread suggested to turn off the safety temperature settings and that has worked for me so far. It now warms according to schedule all day and night (as well as any manual increase/decrease). I live in Georgia so that is not as big a deal for me as it would be for someone who lived in a much colder state/location.

I have also seen in other threads someone suggest that you simply remove the device from your account and then reset it completely, go through all of the settings to reconfigure it as if it were a new installation and finally added back to your account. That seemed to work for some others. If you have not tried either of those I would suggest giving those a try.

Apparently it seems to be some glitch with the software/firmware version 6.2–22 Good luck!