cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Next not turning heating on but temp lighting up?

Juliet
Community Member

11 REPLIES 11

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Is this a new install?

No been installed 2 years 

did you try to restart it? push thermostat ring for 10s

I will try that tomor.

Have had to go back to the analogue diial clock where there is a switch       on /timer /off not sure which it should be on now in order for nest to work?
heating is either on or off with old se

switch with no thermostat control 

Same thing happening to me. Tried to reset. Not working. Nest says furnace is on, but it’s not

Did you also try a full factory reset? Settings -> Reset -> All Settings. This is a full install, as if you bought it new. 

I powered it off, did restart for a second time.  Started working 10 minutes later. Thank you 

Ok great, keep us posted. 

keb8880
Community Member

I am having a similar problem. Thermostat and App are bright orange indicating furnace is on, but it is not. Happens often in the morning. We have it set at 64 degrees over night and programmed to 69 degrees at 5:30 am. We wake up to a very cold house and it is obvious the furnace has not run. If I turn the thermostat to Off for a minute or 2 and back on, the furnace runs about 5 minutes later. Is this a problem with the Nest or the furnace?

JohnAna
Community Member

I have same problem. Neat shows furnace is running but it is not.  Is there some setting that is confusing the system?  I turned the furnace breaker off and then on.  Now seems to be working.  Any idea what is causing this? I am honestly thinking of going to a Honeywell setup- they at least have a deeper history on running such a basis function of setting a temperature and the furnace just follows along.  My finance is newer as well and should not conflict. Too much software on these fancy products nowadays and programmers are getting sloppy. 

Klfinlayson
Community Member

Have the same issue. Just did a full factory reset and now the furnace is on. We shall see if it gets to the set temperature. I shouldn’t have to reinstall the thermostat to get the furnace to come on.