My rental property has a Nest thermostat (later version) which is locked and requires Pin to enter any menu. Pin was set by husband of tenant who recently passed away. Widow had internet/wifi turned off to save $$. It had been set up in manual mode and it continues to hold that temp but she can't change temperature setting or anything else. We found his old Iphone, charged it up and found the Google Home app. The app shows the device but cannot connect with it (no wifi). Oh, and I've tried 5 times from 2 different phones to reach Google Help Desk but for some reason when I "press 1 to continue", the system doesn't receive my input and disconnects after 3 repetitions. Can anyone in this community offer assistance?
To resolve this you'll need to reset it using a computer.
1. Connect the Nest Thermostat display via USB to a computer.
2. Verify that the Nest Thermostat mounts (appears as an attached drive icon).
● If the Nest drive will not mount: Restart the thermostat and the computer.
● If the Nest drive still won't mount: Connect another device to the cable to see if it
appears as an installed device.
● If it doesn't appear, use a different cable/port/computer.
If the Nest drive is successfully showing up on your computer, can you see a technicalinfo.PLIST file? If you get this far let me know and I'll ask a community specialist to assist with next steps, as these can't be shared publicly in the community.
@DeltaDave I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any concerns or questions from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.
I appreciate the help, davidking and Jeff.