cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

RUUD Gas Pack Compatibility

Pjwalters1592
Community Member

I’m not sure if my system is compatible with the Nest. Please don’t refer me to the Nest website. It led me nowhere. 

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick_Caezza
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@Pjwalters1592 

We need some more information.

Can you post a picture of the original thermostat wiring?

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza

The old thermostat was bad, so I trashed it. 
The only wires are black, green, white, red, orange. There is no yellow wire. 

@Pjwalters1592 

Unfortunately, the wire colors are meaningless since there is no standard for them.

Can you take a picture of the terminal block on the control board in the furnace/air handler?

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza

Pjwalters1592_0-1683561265947.jpegPjwalters1592_1-1683561333972.jpegPjwalters1592_2-1683561390732.jpegFrom the Control Board to the Nest: 

Red to Red, Yellow to White, Green to Green, and the Black/White appears to connect to Grey wire, but there is no grey wire at the thermostat. 

Did you get the pics, and does it help?

Got it! Thanks for your help 

IMG_0676.jpeg

Hi there,

I wanted to ensure that everything was covered here.

Thanks for lending a hand here, @Patrick_Caezza.

@Pjwalters1592, we appreciate the update. How's your Nest Thermostat's installation going? Did it go well? Please let us know if you need more help.

Regards,
Mark

I found that the Y terminal in the Nest is bad. I’m sending it back under warranty. Thanks for your help. 

Hello Pjwalters1592,

Oh no! I'm sorry for the trouble this may have caused you. It looks like we have come to a solution by replacing your thermostat, so I'm going to lock this thread in 24 hours. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks,

Mark

The old thermostat was bad, so I trashed it. 
The only wires are black, green, white, red, orange. There is no yellow wire.