cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Super disappointed

LeanneD
Community Member

So after being unable to reconnect to my wifi, or any wifi ( phone hotspot ) , following every single point of advice in the support pages, i rang and spoke with support. To be told, its two months out of warranty ( had it only since August 2019 ) and therefore , that feature is just broken. And no offer of what can be done to fix it . I am super disappointed that in such a short period of time its already failing .  

5 REPLIES 5

Classyclouds
Community Member

This is a huge problem with the nest thermostat. I have connected google three times now and all I get is the run around. The Wi-Fi gave the w5 error less than three months later. Dealt with it not having Wi-Fi and 3 months later it go stuck in a restart, reboot cycle. Had to put my old thermostat back so it wouldn't cause damage to my heat/air system. I am just super angry and  disappointed that google won't make it right and replace it!

Feeling the exact same. No offer of a fix , to look at software or device.  Just a bog standard, youre out of warranty, bye bye . Never buying their products again , the home away assist has been variable from the go, working when it wants, now  unable to connect to any wifi. Its an expensive gadget for such little life . 

Dsmit
Community Member

The latest firmware update appears to have triggered this issue for many users.  Mine stopped finding Wi-Fi last week, immediately after the update.  

6.2-22 Software Update Issues - Google Nest Community

LeanneD
Community Member

I don’t understand how google can ignore how many people this is affecting at this time of year. Ive had a total of 2 phone conversations with 2 different people / reps / support but same end . Out  of warranty therefore out of luck . 

LeanneD
Community Member

mine is that version, seems older. 4. Something . It hasnt updated and cant now it has no wifi