I've been trying ALL MORNING to connect my Nest to my app (which was previously connected with no problems) and I keep getting this error message? I've rebooted the phone, my network, the Nest, everything but it's still not connecting to the Nest app.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Same problem here - I have 3 other nest thermostats connected to my phone, but every time I try to connect this fourth - I get the TD014(0.64) error... I've reset everything -> the wifi router, restarted all thermostats and reset this one that I'm trying to add - so frustrating.
I've since changed my network to a different router (the previous one I had before I upgraded last year - in fact, the one I originally set up the nests with) - thinking that may be the issue... still no luck. I'm giving up for a while - will re-visit this issue in the new year.
I had they same problem. Three thermostats for on same app. One went wonky and would not connect to internet. Google replaced for free as this is a known issue. Could not get the replacement head to connect to my app…went through everything suggested and still got error TD014.
tried uxkpat workaround and it connected with no issues to the new home I created. This is a big PIA as I now need to use 2 homes to have app control for away, echo, etc.
Google needs to fix this bug!!! I’m going to call the support line when I calm down a bit.
I had a similar problem. First my nest wouldn't connect to wifi. After multiple calls and chats with Google Support, (who initially blamed my internet service provider) i got a replacement. The wifi connection problem was resolved with the replacement thermostat, but my app still wouldn't connect and show the same error. (TD014). One solution recommended in this page worked for me.
I had Google Mesh (router + 2 wifi points), 3 temperature sensors and 2 thermostats for 2 levels. It was a pain to do all the setup again. But i'm glad to say it worked. Now i am fully back up with all the google devices.
I had the same problem. Tried it a hundred times, reset it, reset it again. Just made it work by starting the add product process on my laptop in a browser, then it said continue in the app. Went to app on phone and started the process again and it worked!
How is it that I can set up a new product without connecting to a nest device, but when I try to add a 2nd it HAS to use another device? Why isn’t there an option to bypass this? Fix this, because I’m tired of wasting time on something so obviously easy to work around. I work for a company that installs your products and I constantly have this issue. It’s not feasible to remove every device and set it up new
I had the same issue. Was on chat for hours with Google. They act like this has never happened before but clearly that is not the case. I ran out of time trouble shooting with Google so I just added a new home for the 2nd thermostat. While that works it is not ideal so if anyone finds out how to add the second thermostat to a single home. Please post it here. Thank you
I just wanted to jump in real fast to see if you saw Chilootz's reply and to see if you had tried that method. If you are still needing some help, just let us know and we'll be happy to continue helping.
Just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.
I understand the frustration, for sure. One thing you can do to pass that feedback along to the developers and engineers is to use the feedback feature in the Home app. Here are the steps.
I can also pass your feedback along for you, but definitely take a moment to voice your frustrations as they do get noticed and taken into account by our internal teams. If you have any other questions, let me know.
I just wanted to touch base once more to see if there were any other questions on this. I've passed along the feedback to our teams and still invite you to do the same. I'll be closing up the thread in the next day unless we have additional needs here. If you need anything more, just let me know.
In case this helps anyone…. I found the issue with my setup was trying to add a newer nest 3rd gen with a 1st gen nest already added to the app. To solve this problem I removed the 1st gen nest and then added the newer one, and then re-added the older nest. Ironically the older was was the easiest to add because it does not do the whole let me find another nest first routine.