I've just moved into a house with a Nest Learning Thermostat. It's all installed but I tried to connect it to a new account (my account I've just set up), and have factory reset the thermostat and the heat link. The issue is that the entry key for the heat link in the thermostat is programmed to be connected to an older heat link; the heat link connected to the boiler has a different heat link but I can't change the entry key in the thermostat. It's telling me to insert my location and I've added my post code about 70 times but then it crashes.
Please help, I want to rip the wretched thing off the wall at this stage.
Thanks for reaching out. I'll do my best to get this sorted for you as soon as possible. Let's try these steps:
1. Bring the display and base closer to the Heat Link and make sure the boiler is not in between the Heat Link and thermostat - only if possible.
2. Turn off the router and other WiFi or Bluetooth devices ( router, speakers, cordless phones, baby monitor, etc. ).
3. Select Replace Heat Link.
4. Enter the entry key ( do not confirm it yet ) — you can find it at the bottom side of the Heat Link, near the screw.
5. Restart the Heat Link twice by pressing on the Nest button for 30 seconds each time.
6. Confirm entry key.
It's been a while since this thread was last updated so I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, please feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.