cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thermostat constantly comes on at wrong time

alness
Community Member

I have a Nest Learning Thermostat which was here in the property when I moved in. No matter how often I reset it (on both the app or device itself) to make the heating come on at 7 am it still switches it on at 3.30 am. 

How can I stop this? Thanks! Alan

5 REPLIES 5

Stacy
Community Member

I am having same issues. Nest follows my overall schedule, but also turns heat up twice a day when not scheduled for (about 12 noon and about 12 midnight). Help!!!

Drampat
Community Member

I also have this problem. Really frustrating. Have reset it and checked date/time settings multiple times. 

Any solutions? 

TonkaToys
Community Member

Ours has started doing this too. Does anyone have any ideas please?

LKH
Community Member

Mine blasts the heat at 3:30 am and wakes me up. Hard to get back to sleep when you're furious...

LKH
Community Member

I got on w/Nest Chat and think I found the answer: there is a Setting called Heat Pump Balance where you can set how many hours in advance the heating comes on in order to achieve the desired temperature. For some reason the default is 5 hours!!! Which seems to be why mine was coming on at 2:############:30 am. So just set it to 0-1 hours.

You would think that it would learn that it only takes 15 minutes to heat up my condo, even thought it's constantly saying "1 ½ hours until desired temperature." A striking piece of dumbness in a "smart" appliance.