cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tomorrow never comes... still.

ahawtho
Community Member

I'm recreating a post that @Jake  replied to and closed while I was out of town. The original contents are below. To answer Jake's question on the other thread, nothing has changed on this front. The history on my thermostat still does not appear after several years.

For several years, I've hoped that I might be able to see my energy history again within the Android and web applications. Now, with a new forum, perhaps there will be a new opportunity for Google to prove to its customers that it does not abandon yet another product.

When I visit the energy history page, it says "Come back tomorrow to see what your thermostat has been up to." It has been saying this for several years by now, but I can't see my energy history. There have been other posts and many comments with others who also have this problem. There was a claim back in 2019 that the engineering team would provide an update, but it never happened. Part of the reason I purchased the Nest thermostat was because it would allow me to see how I had used energy and how to help reduce my usage. Not being able to see how often the system runs somewhat defeats the purpose. If the thermostat can't see the history, then how can it learn? If it can see the history, why won't it show me?

5 REPLIES 5

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Don’t you get a monthly energy report from Nest?

This post is about the energy history page in the app and on the web that shows the last few days of energy usage with high detail, which is a different feature than the energy report. It originally worked, but stopped working several years ago. There have been many reports and subsequent promises that the engineering teams were looking into it followed by years of silence.

With a new forum I'm hopeful that new life is being breathed into the community and perhaps we can see some progress on this issue.

lizb3th
Community Member

in 4 years, I’ve never gotten a history report. Nest Learning Thermostat 3.   Can someone help me? 

You can turn on the “Nest Home Report” options in the Nest App by going to Settings (gear wheel top right) and selecting Notifications.  Alternatively, there is an Energy Dashboard option in the google home app. 

All I get is 

ajackson_0-1677207279089.png