cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trane XV90 Compatibility

seansanders82
Community Member

475E9269-EA21-48C7-A34A-EBDB3808C1BB.jpeg

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any Nest thermostat that is compatible with a Trane XV90. I am open to any Nest or smart thermostat.

The wires run to my current Trane thermostat are:

Y2 - orange, W2 - black, R - red, W1 - white, Y - yellow, G - green, and B - blue. There is a jumper wire going from R to RC.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

johnCNA
Bronze
Bronze

I have an XV80, so they are fairly similar.  From your wiring labels, it appears you have 2 stage heating and 2 stage cooling.  Mine is 2 stage heat and single stage cooling.  I have the Nest Learning 3rd Gen model and it works great.

One thing to note is that Trane labels the common wire as B.  In your case that's the blue wire.  That gets connected to the Nest C terminal.  And during the Nest setup, it will ask you which wires you have.  Instead of B, tell the Nest that your blue wire is a C.  Ours has been working just great.

One of the features I really like is the Heat+Cool mode.  In early Spring and late Fall, we have days where it gets cold enough at night to need a little heat, but by the afternoon, we might need a little cooling.  In that H+C mode, it automatically switches back and forth as needed.  The rest of the year we run it in either Heat only or Cool only.

seansanders82
Community Member

Thanks a ton for the quick reply and helpful information, it’s sincerely appreciated