cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Water pump running?

A1wil
Community Member

Hi, I have noticed after my boiler service, that the pump runs continually,during the hot water schedule. The pump runs even when the cylinder stat is satisfied. The heating engineer is suggesting that it's coincidence " bad timing"that the 3 port vale is now failing. I have tested 3 port valve holding my hand on the pipe work, it heats on either heating,hot water or both when it's asking. The voltage off position for the hot water cylinder stat is 60v, at the nest when the hot water is calling, is that right? . It seems a bit weird that this is all happening just after a service 

3 REPLIES 3

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Make sure you measure the voltage as AC voltage at the thermostat. The Nest Thermostat can only handle a maximum of 30 V of AC power. Anything higher will damage the nest thermostat.

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard 

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

A1wil
Community Member

Hi, thanks for the comments, I should have put the voltage was at the heat link , not the nest thermostat 

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I am sorry, I did not realize you’re over in the UK somewhere I do not know those heat Link systems, and how to diagnose troubleshoot on install them. We don’t have those in the United States.

Ken, the AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.