cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Connection Error/w5

CaptainsBest
Community Member

If you are seeing the “wi-fi connection error/w5” there is nothing you can do to remedy this fix. So please don’t spend countless hours reading the same troubleshooting tips and community blogs. Simply contact Google Customer Service, which is at the end of the troubleshooting pages, go through steps 1, 2, and the on 3rd step you will be giving the option to call them or they will call you. They will offer you a free replacement, with option 1, where you disconnect your device and send it to them and wait 7-10 days for the replacement, or option 2, they send you a new upgraded device and ask for a monetary hold of the price of the new unit, until they received back your damage unit and the hold is not process on your account. So basically it’s free and no charge. The issue with the “w5” message is a bad microchip in the unit which no longer allows the unit to receive a wi-fi signal.  I wish I would have known all that information previously and how easy it was to get a replacement, I was about at my last wit’s end! Hope this info was helpful to someone, PEACE

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Thanks for posting @CaptainsBest!

For anyone reading, this is documented here:

Troubleshoot a Nest thermostat W5 code - Google Nest Help