cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

compatibility and wiring help

gherkin
Community Member

Hi, I am hoping to get some help to see if Nest learning Thermostats 3rd gen is compatible with my current system.

I am based in Ireland and I have multi-zone heating and hot water, I have one thermostat in each zone and a 3-way programmer to control. (this one https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/pub/media/catalog/product/ESi-ES3247-3CH-Prog-Install-Guide.pdf  wiring from page 19)

I wanted to know if it's is easy to install - that I could use the wire on my current programmer and don't have to touch the boiler. I think I will keep the old thermostats just set them on the max setting and replace the programmer with the heat link. But looking at nest's wire diagram I am a bit confused, am I going to lose multi-zone control as nest seems only takes hot water and heating? 

Here's a picture of the wiring of my programmer. 

304591af21d82d6ba44f35768961d48.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Patrick_Caezza
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The UK/Europe version of the Nest Learning Thermostat with the HeatLink should be able to work for you.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about how to set that version up.

If you are asking if the USA/Canada version will work, then no. You system is using line voltage and the US/Canada version is 24Vac only.

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza