cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

remote control of thermostats lost/intermittent after migration from Nest app to Google Home app

DK1973
Community Member

We have 4 nest thermostats between a home and rental property and have had zero problems managing temps remotely for the past year UNTIL we migrated from the Nest app to the Google Home app. Since then, we keep losing remote control of our thermostats and need to reset them manually to gain local control.

I've spent hours with four different Google support techs and can't get either of the apps - Nest or Google home - to work. I've deleted and reloaded the apps and the devices, turned off Nest Home Assist, removed all learned schedules, and nothing has worked.

All devices are installed properly (they've worked for over a year!) and our internet/network is having no problems with other devices.

Seems like the migration to Google Home is the problem, and Google tells me we can't reverse things. They also can't figure it out.

Anyone else having these issues or have suggestions on how to fix?

3 REPLIES 3

dtp5678jp
Community Member

I have the same problem....it is the migration to google i believe but don't know how too fix

jsarmonk
Community Member

Yes, I just migrated Nest App for my Thermostate to Google Home since I bought a Nest Doorbell (battery) and had to migrate.  I can still manage the Thermostat from my NEST App, but the Google HOme app is not letting me change the temperate and create schedules.  It also shows the wrong temperate we have set the Nest to and the Nest does not listen to Google Home App.  Just the Nest App.  Very confusing and odd...

Craig69
Community Member

Thank you for posting your experience. I had a few questions about the migration with no detail information provided by Google on this. I provide computer support to small companies and after reading the forums I told everyone NOT to migrate due to issues. The Nest app works beautifully and is very reliable. Google Home is not worth using with the problems it introduces to a solid working Nest app. One other gotcha that I discovered it that Google Home can not be used on a PC as the Nest app can. There is a Nest web page that has all the features of the Android or Apple app. Not so with Google Home unless you want to be a techie and install an Android emulator. (Great work Google) A case of a bunch of programmers thinking they know best what people want.