cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Wifi firmware 13729.57.27 frequently disconnected to the internet

FWCA
Community Member

Previously, I reported that M89 firmware on Google Wifi lost connection to the internet every other day (https://support.google.com/googlenest/thread/116896459/m89-firmware-is-unstable-on-google-wifi?hl=en).  Starting 9/18/2021, my Google Wifi keeps on losing connection to the internet a few times a day.  I checked the firmware and it has been changed to 13729.57.27.  This is worse than M89.  Google engineers, please take a look.

184 REPLIES 184

This stuff should just be an appliance; set it an forget it. How much would we tolerate if we had to do this with our refrigerator? Let me see, reboot the fridge so I can have cold drinks again...

I didn't realize how much time I got back from ditching the cursed google devices. I've been trying out the Eero now too and they have been flawless so far. Truly just set it and forget it.

Jai
Community Member

Same issue here - rock solid for over a year. The last two days the router is dropping out randomly or every hour or so and is fine if I totally reboot. Does not work well for WFH needs. Please help! 

MichalJonko
Community Member

Do you guys see any difference/fix after update to 14150.43.80 ? IMO problem still occurs but is happening less often,

Anza
Community Member

Already switched to Orbi by Netgear, so far so good...

dhleong
Community Member

I just started running into this issue a few days ago (maybe Saturday, the 16th? Or maybe Sunday...) where I'd never had issues before.

Single Nest Router, firmware 14150.43.80

dhleong
Community Member

Just to follow up---I'm not sure which version I had over the weekend, but it sounds like the 14150 version is the "new" one. Since this last post I haven't noticed any dropouts, so perhaps I just received the update that morning. Fingers crossed that things stay stable! 

aggieman
Community Member

i noticed the new firmware was pushed out last night! WOW.. but it's causing ppl issues? it should be solving the big issue we've been having for the past several months!

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a "ppl issue"?

I did not get the new firmware but have had almost 24 hours without a connectivity issue.  Speed Test is not as fast as it usually is, but fast enough.  Only 135mBs instead of 265mBs.

Correction, I did get the Software Version:  14150.43.80 sometime this morning.

sachindoshi
Community Member

Confirming - we also received the new M94 firmware last night. Not home at the moment so can't verify if it addresses the issue or not.

Indylux
Community Member

I also got the latest firmware last night. I'm going to give it a few days before adding any access points back in. I had disabled them all to overcome the internet access disruption issue. I look forward to hearing if others see improved stability. 

frabor
Community Member

The shakiness  and instability that is being reported with 22q1 is bad news. I can understand that there are some weakness in the current, not upgraded, firmware , but it the issues are not solved and the behavior is still problematic, well then the hardware is at fault and it may be time for another hardware class action lawsuits against google, such as the pixel 5. This is not cool but it seems I might have to part with the Google wifi routers after several years and many devices.

CatKetch
Community Member

Just noticed the new firmware update tonight. The ..... 57 27 version had settled down for me after January. What will the new version bring? I hope the glue had time to cure and the paint time to dry.

Just another update ... with 4 original Google WiFi pucks & 80+ mbit FiOS

sofronius
Community Member

Same here just happened today, all three swap still the same, all my devices got offline, gosh is it bc of Sonos law suit impact? darn

ViPeR5000
Community Member

Now its happens 2 Times for week

MDRookie
Community Member

Sold my system on Ebay for $150, Went with the Verizon Gigabit router

NoHWbyG
Community Member

So you passed the problem on to someone else? 

google screwed us all. 

NoHWbyG
Community Member

Spent a lot of money on this Google WiFi 3 pack 3 years. I reached out to Google but they told me that I’m outside the warranty so they can’t do anything about it. I’m seeing that so many are having the same issue. Anyone interest in suing Google? It is unacceptable to push an update to the users so that the units become unusable!

The next firmware version fixed all of my issues. Absolutely no communication from Google, but the issue was resolved as mysteriously as it began. 

what version did work for you? tks

NoHWbyG
Community Member

I have  14150.43.81 but the problem persists.

Obviously if Google is going to sell consumer devices such as mobile phones, Chromecasts and routers and provide paid services such as Google TV and Google-Fi they need to step up their customer services.  They are clearly asleep at the switch.  I get lame answers several days or even weeks later that reveal that their service providers do not speak English (at least not as a first language) and really aren't qualified for their jobs in the first place.

My current version:  14150.43.81 

My old Version:  13729.57.27 that caused the problem. 

Vpiguy88
Community Member

Exact same experience here. They confirmed my router was defective and needed to be replaced, then refused to replace it due to the warranty being expired. The part that irks me is they are still selling the same product, which is known to have many many issues.

Someone feel free to contact a class action attorney for their opinion. Might be worth pursuing.

frabor
Community Member

i agree, i do it and between mine and my customers, i got more than 20, all nest routers. it is a sucky situation to tell all my customers to junk all these units just coz G. does not feel this is a product that should work. my old onhubs, about to be discontinued, are more stable than this junk. it is not a warranty issue, even if they replace for the same, they will have the ongoing problems: random disconnects, random drops and not coming back on line, random slow downs. so far two updates, no fixing. I see no future for these other than to ebay or class action.