cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with setup - trying to wire points

Nfg
Community Member

I have a network setup that I’m trying to add a Google WiFi Pro Mesh (3 total). Since there is a LOT of thick cement walls I was trying to do the following but don’t think it’s allowed. 

(Basement) Modem -> Unifi hub -> Unifi switch -> Google WiFi Pro 

Upstairs there is a hardwire cable from the Unifi switch that I wanted to plug a second Google Wifi Pro into since the mesh connection/network is weak. Wanted to have two Google Wifi Pro directly connected to the Unifi switch/internet. 

I can’t do this right? Best case is I need to daisy chain them?

Didn’t really want to do that since there is actually another switch up there with a bunch of stuff on it already. 

1 Recommended Answer

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You're right. Any wired secondaries must be connected behind the primary unit's LAN port.

Daisy chain:

Using a switch:

---

Maybe you should get some UniFi access points instead? Like the soda can / U6 mesh?

I don't work for Google.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You're right. Any wired secondaries must be connected behind the primary unit's LAN port.

Daisy chain:

Using a switch:

---

Maybe you should get some UniFi access points instead? Like the soda can / U6 mesh?

I don't work for Google.

Nfg
Community Member

Thanks olavrb. I was hoping you would answer this question!!! 

The u6 is my next move although I don’t have a lot of pulled wire and I think each of those need to be direct connected.

My other idea was to put the Google mesh on the switch upstairs and fan out from there. Basement won’t get coverage but better to have it that way. 

Thanks!

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Glad to help. 🙂

I'm considering UniFi U6 Mesh myself, but I'd ideally want something Wi-Fi 7 when I first do an upgrade.

I don't work for Google.