cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can i plug my Ethernet cable into the WAN properly? (It says it’s not plugged in right, it is.)

RachelC
Googler
Googler

Disclaimer: This thread was migrated from our previous version of the Google Nest Community.  You can continue to receive updates on your thread issue here or simply ask, browse or more in the new Google Nest Community.

Original Poster: Jack Grist

I’ve called to see if my Ethernet point is turned on.

7 REPLIES 7

RachelC
Googler
Googler
Hi, Jack,

I see you're having issues with a wired connection. I imagine things can be a bit frustrating when they don't work properly. Let's look at things and see what we can do to get you all sorted out with this.

I just need to clarify a few things. You're looking to plug a WiFi point in with an Ethernet cable, right? While you can use wired inputs, you do need to make sure that they are "downstream" of the modem.

This guide will run you through the process of hardwiring points.

If you are still unable to get things properly running, please come back and let me know. I'll be happy to continue helping you out on this. Thanks.

- From Jeff

Is someone seeing my last three texts to you?

PeanutB25B
Community Member

My ethernet cable does not connect with laptops!!!

PeanutB25B
Community Member

My ethernet cable does not connect ot laptops

PeanutB25B
Community Member

My ethernet cables to not fit in my laptops.  It fit in my desk computer.  Do I not need the ethernet cable?

PeanutB25B
Community Member

I dod not know what a WAN cable it!  I have them plugges into an outlet.  Is that All I need to do?

Do I put one of the three near the router?