cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest WiFi Pro wired connection is about 10% of what it was on Nest WiFi

junton
Community Member

So, my WiFi Pro arrived today and I was really excited to get it setup. I set everything up using the Google Home app and downloaded the updates. I have a fiber gigabit connection from my provider and their most recent modem. My wired connections are pegged to about 90Mbps. My Nest WiFi (non Pro) was getting 900+Mbps wired.

My troubleshooting has been the following:

• Restart the Nest WiFi Pro network
  • Restart the modem
  • Restart all switches
  • Reboot the hard wired computers

My Nest WiFi Pro is in DHCP WAN mode and connected directly to the 10Gbps ethernet port on my modem. I am using a mix of CAT 5 and CAT 6 cabling and my switches are all gigabit or higher.

Plugging the old Nest WiFi (non Pro) back in yields 900+Mbps on wired connections.

I think something is wrong

744 REPLIES 744

Mine is in the back of the car ready to be sent back, if this works ill hold off and try when i get home. Keep us updated.

RainerHerbert
Community Member

I just forced the update by "Restart Network" from the Google Home app.
Now I am on:

"software": {
      "blockingUpdate": 1,
      "softwareVersion": "1.63.324946",
      "updateChannel": "stable-channel",
      "updateNewVersion": "0.0.0.0",
      "updateProgress": 0.0,
      "updateRequired": false,
      "updateStatus": "idle"
   }

I have switched back to PPPoE and the performance is fine now! 🙂 

glad it looks like it's finally sorted. Even tho ive been capped at 50MBps i've been happy with the mesh coverage

mustafa_rabbi
Community Member

How to force and update? I am still stuck with the old firmware!!

krroller
Community Member

Is there a way to initiate the firmware update download?

I'm showing:

"setupState": "GWIFI_OOBE_COMPLETE",
   "software": {
      "blockingUpdate": 1,
      "softwareVersion": "1.63.318999",
      "updateChannel": "stable-channel",
      "updateNewVersion": "0.0.0.0",
      "updateProgress": 0.0,
      "updateRequired": false,
      "updateStatus": "idle"

RG35
Community Member

I had to reset my network a couple of times - the first seemed to start the download, then another reset to apply the update. Now getting 223Mbps wired to an AP, was getting 50 before. Good luck!

ziggy86
Community Member

What speeds are you paying for?

RG35
Community Member

500Mbps from BT

ziggy86
Community Member

Are you satisfied with that number?

RG35
Community Member

Better than 50! I might see if I can get 6E with my Pixel and do a speed test to see what numbers I'm getting

junton
Community Member

I realize that this is a much better speed than 50Mbps, but you should be getting around what you're paying for. There should not be a 1/2 speed drop through the wired backhaul.

deanhtid99
Community Member

Restarted through the app multiple times and done a power cycle. Still no update 😩

As always, Google rolls out new software in waves. So it will be there in a couple of days. Don't be afraid.

Yeah my patience is non existent due to these last few weeks. Hopefully it updates soon 

sliyk
Community Member

Yeah not updating here either. 

jonicunha
Community Member

You can check if your device is waiting for reboot to apply the required update.

In any browser, access to ip_from_your_router/api/v1/status and check if in software section the blockingupdate field is set to 1 and below if you have softwareversion 1.63.318999

This is inaccurate. Exactly my situation, and a restart did not result in any changes.

krroller
Community Member

Has anyone in the U.S. received the firmware version 1.63.324946 update?

I'm out in California and I got the update. Ran a speed test through the home app and I got 619mbps. I used to get ~825mbps on the og google wifi puck. Seems like the update didn't help my case at all. 

Try a speed test on a website, rather than the Google Home app. My Google Home app is reporting I'm only getting ~200Mbps but if I speed test elsewhere or download a big file, I'm hitting my 500Mbps limit fine.

I did that before and it showed the 800+ Mbps so I'm not sure which to believe. I'm at work right now so I can't see if it's still the same. 

I'd believe the speed test that was better (only basing on my tests in the last hour), suppose you'll only really know if you download a big file where you know you can utilise your full bandwidth.

Yes. Mine are all at the version now. Going to do some testing to see if there is a difference. Just to be safe, I unplugged my fiber modem and all nest wifi pro for at least 30min. Then first turned on fiber gateway and let it initialize. Then turned on nest pucks. I need to test now. 

Tired1
Community Member

Now running the new update and it has not fixed my problem at all. With the Nest WiFi 5 I get 600 Mbps and on the new Next Wifi 6 pro I am still getting ~200 Mbps.... 

Aria
Community Member

I've gone to *myrouterip*/api/v1/status and I can see "blockingUpdate": 1 and softwareVersion": "1.63.318999"

I can't seem to get it to update to the newest version.  I've tried leaving it and restarting several times.  Any ideas on how we can force this patch?  The product is broken anyway, why bother holding back the patches and doing it in waves?!?  At this point it might as well be a bricked device.

DmitryP
Community Member

A factory reset might speed it up even though, personally, I doubt it.
Google is most likely rolling it out and so it may not simply be available for your device's serial number. If that is the case, nothing you do will help unless they enable the update for your device on their backend.

NerdJolt
Community Member

Given mine one more go, had to factory reset and reboot twice for it to pick up the update. Seeing full speed now.

RunningBuchan
Community Member

Is anyone still seeing slow speeds using the Google Home speed test? I have the update and I am getting much higher speeds on device however the Google Home app is still only showing 185mb download when my phone is receiving nearly 400mb. 

Yep same for me. I'm getting the full 500 on the phone but only 200 on the Google speed test. Can anyone from the UK tell me if they are seeing the 160 Hertz options in the advanced

Nick22
Community Member

Same with me on app Vs via speedtest. I also don't have a 160 option, maybe it's not enabled here?

sliyk
Community Member

Seems to be fixed now 

Screenshot_20221114-202028.png

jkiser
Community Member

Did the update come through automatically?

Zgoldberg
Community Member

Just got the software update -- NOT fixed for me.  Still stuck at 90mbit, should be 900mbit.  Via wired and wireless.  Spectrum cable in Los Angeles.

Old hat but give it a factory reset and then two reboots. Before the second reboot give the modem a reboot 

Did a factory reset and several restarts with no success to get the firmware update. 

These devices  need to go back today due to the return window closing, so unless it updates in the few hours, it gets shipped back to Google.

d-cortez
Community Member

Update appears to have fixed issues on my end. Curious to know what was overlooked or jacked-up to make speeds so slow. Anyway, thanks Google for fixing this....

jkiser
Community Member

Did update come automatically?

NerdJolt
Community Member

I had to factory reset and reboot twice, now their was a 30 minute wait between reboots. Not sure if that info helps 

Jamcroyson
Community Member

You're still waiting for the update and did factory set And reboot it twice

Jamcroyson
Community Member

I have the 3 pack so maybe all 3 of them have to be connected I'm only using 2 I'm gonna try to put all 3 up and see what happens