cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

WiFi Pucks do not connect

rocmor
Community Member

I just received a set of 3 WiFi pucks that I want to use to deliver a better signal to a PC in a room 50 feet from the wireless modem.  Call me backwards, but I do NOT have a cell phone or other mobile device. Instead, I have an android emulator installed on my PC which allows me to download games, etc., from the Google Play store and run them on my PC. Using the get-started video, https://support.google.com/wifi/answer/7183148?hl=en#, everything goes along just fine until it asks to turn Bluetooth on. It stalls. Checking my PC settings, I find that Bluetooth IS on. But the screen on the emulator insists that it is not on... or not found... or whatever. I'm betting that the emulator cannot "see" that the PC says Bluetooth is on... or just doesn't care.

Any thoughts and/or solutions are greatly appreciated.

1 Recommended Answer

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Maybe running Android-x86 directly/ on bare metal works?

Don't you have a Chromebook or tablet either? Maybe buy a used device (Android, iOS, iPadOS) dirt cheap, as long as it can run the latest Google Home app?

I don't work for Google.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

olavrb
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Maybe running Android-x86 directly/ on bare metal works?

Don't you have a Chromebook or tablet either? Maybe buy a used device (Android, iOS, iPadOS) dirt cheap, as long as it can run the latest Google Home app?

I don't work for Google.