Hi. None of the computers/devices on my home wifi can access https://portal.hostgator.com/login. All the browsers (tried multiple bowser / OS combinations) report messages similar to "server not responding". Disabling wifi on my phone and just using the Verizon 4G service, the site loads correctly. So either AT&T is doing something to block the site, or my Google Mesh Routers are.
traceroute to portal.hostgator.com (220.127.116.11), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 192.168.86.1 (192.168.86.1) 4.302 ms 3.251 ms 3.026 ms
2 192.168.1.254 (192.168.1.254) 3.491 ms 3.433 ms 3.343 ms
3 107-218-152-1.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net (18.104.22.168) 5.511 ms 4.346 ms 5.149 ms
4 22.214.171.124 (126.96.36.199) 4.916 ms 6.261 ms 4.225 ms
5 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206) 8.954 ms 7.380 ms 8.674 ms
6 220.127.116.11 (18.104.22.168) 8.223 ms 10.011 ms 9.436 ms
7 be3142.ccr21.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com (22.214.171.124) 9.255 ms
be3144.ccr22.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com (126.96.36.199) 9.169 ms 9.720 ms
8 be3176.ccr41.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com (188.8.131.52) 19.516 ms 18.221 ms
be3177.ccr42.lax01.atlas.cogentco.com (184.108.40.206) 19.171 ms
9 be2932.ccr32.phx01.atlas.cogentco.com (220.127.116.11) 31.889 ms 29.839 ms 29.667 ms
10 be2929.ccr21.elp01.atlas.cogentco.com (18.104.22.168) 55.328 ms 37.968 ms 38.750 ms
11 be2928.ccr42.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com (22.214.171.124) 52.300 ms 51.444 ms
be2927.ccr41.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com (126.96.36.199) 67.958 ms
12 be2417.rcr51.b023723-0.iah01.atlas.cogentco.com (188.8.131.52) 54.897 ms 54.430 ms 53.877 ms
13 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 52.762 ms 52.069 ms 57.541 ms
14 72-250-192-2.cyrusone.com (18.104.22.168) 54.420 ms 53.573 ms 53.688 ms
15 po100.router2b.hou1.net.unifiedlayer.com (22.214.171.124) 54.329 ms
po100.router2a.hou1.net.unifiedlayer.com (126.96.36.199) 53.571 ms 54.237 ms
16 162-241-144-41.unifiedlayer.com (188.8.131.52) 53.629 ms
162-241-144-37.unifiedlayer.com (184.108.40.206) 53.939 ms
162-241-144-97.unifiedlayer.com (220.127.116.11) 53.808 ms
17 192-185-0-178.unifiedlayer.com (18.104.22.168) 55.274 ms
192-185-0-186.unifiedlayer.com (22.214.171.124) 52.672 ms
192-185-0-178.unifiedlayer.com (126.96.36.199) 54.271 ms
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
Thanks for reaching out. Thanks for sharing the steps that you've done. I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with accessing that website. I'd love to know more about this and I have a few questions:
Looking forward to your response.
When did it start? No idea. It's not a site I frequent and I changed to the google mesh system about the same time I moved away from Comcast. It's possible it has never worked. I believe this is probably an AT&T issue but getting diagnostic help from them is harder than... Anyway, I thought I'd eliminate the google portion of the equation just to make sure.
Thanks for the response. To isolate the issue, could you try changing your DNS on the Google Home app? Here's how:
Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for letting us know. If you have IPv6 enabled, you could use Google IPv6 DNS: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844. I also replied to your thread about the Disney+ issue that you're experiencing, but you could try setting the DNS again and let us know if there are any changes.
hey. I noticed that on my second machine, the VPN allows the connection to happen. On my main machine, owned by work, their VPN does not. This doesn't tell me much because other devices on the net also can't get to the site. On my work machine I changed the DNS to google's and it made no difference. I then changed the DNS on the router as you suggested, and it made no difference. My next attempt will be to change the DNS (assuming it has one) on my AT&T modem but that's a lot harder to do, so I've put it off until I can get motivated. Thanks.