cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can Nest Connect use the latest Nest thermostat as an assisting Nest product during setup?

athomenow
Community Member

I installed the latest Nest Thermostat  model Thermostat-1.4. I use the Google Home App (I can't find what version) on my ipad running ipados 15.1 to setup the thermostat and it's working fine.  I want to add a Nest x Yale lock, so I have to install a Nest Connect.  I couldn't find any place in the Google Home app to add a Nest Connect, so had to install the Nest App version 5.67.0.6 on my ipad.  Using the Nest App, I go to Add Product and scan the QR code on the back of the Nest Connect.  I get a screen where it's searching for an "assisting Nest product", but after a few seconds I get an error "The app is having trouble connecting to the assisting Nest product".  The only product I can think of is the Nest Thermostat I just installed.  I tried putting the Connect directly under the thermostat and got the same result.  There's a blue light on the Connect and a button on the bottom.  Do I have to hold the button down during this process?  

0 REPLIES 0