cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Indoor wired camera streaming to youtube

Ydupc
Community Member

Heya, I've purchased a Nest Indoor wired camera for the sole purpose of watching my Guinea Pigs to make sure they're safe and happy while I'm out of the house. However, I would like to stream them to Youtube as well so I can share it with my friends without them having access to all of the devices in my house. I found the API documents for it, but I don't really understand them as they're vague. https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access/api/camera-wired Does anyone know how I can use this as it sounds promising. I think it would be a great addition to my website as well.

(I also posted this elsewhere, but I thought this area was more appropriate)

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Device Access program is a set of APIs that allow you to connect and control the Nest Hardware in your house. You may use the camera API for this purpose, though you would need to figure out how to stream on to YouTube next.

To start with Camera Controls as part of Device Access, you can leverage the Web Application Sample that you can find on GitHub.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Device Access program is a set of APIs that allow you to connect and control the Nest Hardware in your house. You may use the camera API for this purpose, though you would need to figure out how to stream on to YouTube next.

To start with Camera Controls as part of Device Access, you can leverage the Web Application Sample that you can find on GitHub.