cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pairing after Google Nest 2th Matter 1.0 update.

LouisLEE
Community Member

Hi

I updated Google Nest Hub 2th to Matter 1.0 updated firmware version 1.56.324896.

The thread module, which was paired normally before the update, is not paired.

Google Home ecosystem support for Matter 1.0.

My test Android phone and thread module satisfy all of the following conditions.

The Matter 1.0 specification is now supported by the Google Home ecosystem. This support adds new console functionality and updates to the Home Mobile SDK.

• Supported Matter device types and Google hubs have been updated. To develop Matter in the Google Home ecosystem, devices must meet the following requirements:
    • Uses the connectedhomeip v1.0-branch branch. We recommend using this branch in your Matter device firmware to ensure compatibility with the Google Home ecosystem.
    • Google Hub firmware min version: 1.56.324896 (appears on hub as Chromecast firmware version)
    • Google Play services min version: 22.36.15
    • Google Home app (GHA) min version: 2.58.24.1-dogfood
    • Matter (home.matter) GMSCore min version: 223802900
    • Thread (threadnetwork) GMSCore min version: 223615000

When pairing is attempted, it fails with the following error.

Screenshot_20221220-155343.png Screenshot_20221220-155411.png Screenshot_20221220-155440.png

The thread module I use is Nordic nrf52840dk and the sdk version is v2.2.0.

Is there something I am missing?

please help

Thank you

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

One possible reason for you getting this error while trying to commission the device could be because of the presence of multiple projects under the same Google Account . One way to work around this could be to create a new Google Account with a new project and try working around with the entire building the matter device process.

View Recommended Answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

lpf
Community Member

I am also unable to pair any Matter device to a Google fabric since the update last week, with the same error as seen above. Pairing to the GHSAFM v1.2.2 does work, but sharing then again to the Google Home App fails. If I try to pair with the Google Home app itself the same error report is given.

I reported the full logs on that (device and phone) here: https://github.com/google-home/sample-app-for-matter-android/issues/61#issuecomment-1357472540

Edit: Also what I want to note: Where as I am using the virtual device docker, a colleague ran into the same issue with a Philips Hue hub running the Matter firmware (which is supposed to be certified) so I strongly suspect that there is a issue with the Google Home app / Play services not with the devices themselves.

LouisLEE
Community Member

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

I ran into this problem and was very confused all day yesterday.

When do you think this issue will be resolved?

LouisLEE
Community Member

Thank you so much for sharing!!

I was so confused about the above problem yesterday.

When do you think this issue will be fixed?

lijie
Community Member

What happened, the same issue after Google Home updated. 

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

One possible reason for you getting this error while trying to commission the device could be because of the presence of multiple projects under the same Google Account . One way to work around this could be to create a new Google Account with a new project and try working around with the entire building the matter device process.

LouisLEE
Community Member

@sipriyadarshi 

hi

I made a request to participate in the Matter Private Beta a few months ago and was approved as shown in the email below.

스크린샷 2023-01-04 오전 9.03.35.png

So, I have been developing Matter with a Google account (in-house work account) that has been authorized.

Can I create and test the Matter project through the developer console with an account other than the account authorized above?

we have rolled out an update in this regard. Could you try again and let us know if you are facing the same issue ?

LouisLEE
Community Member

@sipriyadarshi 

As advised, I removed all projects from the developer console, created a separate project, registered a new Google account to the project IAM, and tried testing with that account, but it still does not pair.

We have rolled out an update in this regard. Could you try again and let us know if you are facing the same issue ?