cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

light-app on x86 cannot be added to google home

marekb
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to test matter integration to I followed step how to build simple app on my computer in following way (using tip of master)

• build light-app for linux by using: ./scripts/build/build_examples.py --target linux-x64-light build
  • run app using sudo ./chip-lighting-app
  • try to add new matter device using google home app (have nest 2 on network too) -> using QR code
  • device is found but when click to Add to goggle home it report: Unable to pair/Home couldn't connect to this accessory

I'm using latest google home app on iOS + latest nest mini 2 updated. Any idea what should be checked please?

Thanks.
1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
  • There are two things which you can check pertaining to your issue. First, make sure that the hub you are using is right. If the device is a thread device it requires a border router. Second, the sample app that you are building mentions x64(64 bit) which might have incompatibility as some components work only on a 32 bit system. 
  • If the issue still persists you can create a bug in this regard on the public issue tracker.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Womensaccesso
Community Member

Amazon recently sent me a three-pack of Google WiFi. One of my goals for moving to this shed, which is about 30 feet from our brick house, is to install wifi. Our kitchen window that looks out across our yard to the shed has electricity right below it. I want to use a wall or ceiling mount to attach it to the window frame. I worry because our microwave is right next to the window. If this could interfere with microwave operation, that wouldn't be a problem. It could cause obstruction even while it isn't running, which concerns me.

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
  • There are two things which you can check pertaining to your issue. First, make sure that the hub you are using is right. If the device is a thread device it requires a border router. Second, the sample app that you are building mentions x64(64 bit) which might have incompatibility as some components work only on a 32 bit system. 
  • If the issue still persists you can create a bug in this regard on the public issue tracker.