cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't Voice Activate Video Streaming While Everything Else Works

seanwmcinnes
Community Member

Hi there Googlians. 

In my home I have three Google Nest Minis, two Chromecasts, Hub Display and one Chromecast activated Kogan TV. Using the "Hey Google" command, I can stream Spotify, Deezer, my favourite Radio station, news, weather, ambient sounds and googled answers to the nest speakers and tvs like ordinary. However, every time I attempt to stream Netflix, Stan, Youtube or any of the other video streaming services it responds with "Ok, playing [show name] from [streaming service] on [chromecast A, B, or C] ... sorry, something went wrong." and nothing happens.

The word things that I can still manually cast video to the chromecasts from video streaming services. I can also still voice the volume of said streamed videos and I can still pause and stop streamed video with voice commands, I just can't initiate them...

What should I do to correct this? Ive gotten too used to voice commanding it to play my shows, so its real frustrating now and my wife often has her hands full clutching our bebe, forgetting to start a show manual before she picks them up for nursing.

Any help or advice would be rad. Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0