cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Google do you have too many irons in the fire or what? You are a hot mess.

sezeller
Community Member

Google: I have been a loyal and outspoken member of the Google Fan Club, since you launched Google Home 1st generation products. I have 16 (a mix) Google Devices including Google Mesh and Nest Hello, pixel 4a and a pixel 6. I have recommended your products to friends and family for the last few years (since Oct 2017?). BUT it is getting so frustrating how many problems I am seeing every time I try to use your products. The latest round seems to be the absolute worst. Lost volume adjustment by voice and by phone, devices shuddering on music, devices dropping from my home group, finger print sensor takes so many trys (unable to use anyone's screen protection), icon go missing on 6 forcing reboot, impossible to install a new device unless you download yet another app, having to reset/reboot/reinstall devices that seem to go rogue, I have a mini 1st gen the reboots intermittently and so on. Bad pixel updates... wow, and problems with interfacing with Android auto.  I am very patient but so discouraged. All the advantages of having the same eco system are almost GONE. I also have a Amazon edge and Blink cameras and I have to say never (NEVER) do I have a problem with those devices. My wife also have an iPhone 11 and she just smiles now when I cuss at my google stuff.

Maybe you should SLOW down your product stream or STOP adding more stuff like useless features and get some talent on the problems you are creating! I really so frustrated. I have stopped recommending your products and frankly thinking about how hard would it be to dump this stuff for something else (amazon and Apple).

Please get your sh!t together, buy Sonos, slowdown and hire some talent at a premium cost.

2 REPLIES 2

vasquja
Community Member

I share your frustration. I went all in with Google for their smart home platform and was burned when they ditched Nest Protect, and have had nothing but mounting problems with their cameras, doorbells, and speakers. I’ve been replacing them with Amazon/Ring Devices every few months. I feel like they’ve abandoned their users with their haphazard decision-making and poor quality software updates. I feel like my products went from a smart home to a stupid one. I hate using my Google Devices now - nothing but daily frustration and that makes it hard to find the value their products provide versus their competitors. 

sezeller
Community Member

I am 100% with you. Have you seen how many Google devices are being sold on eBay and FB market place? You can buy them as low as 5$. I think this is an indication of how many people are doing what we’re thinking.