We have two Google Home Minis. Yesterday they stopped playing music from our YouTube Music premium service for my wife. The assistant says it cannot find that on YouTube. It works for both me and my son, just not my wife. Even if she specifies to play the music on YouTube Music it doens't work. We have rebooted the wifi router, the Google minis, and her phone with no luck of getting it working. I verified that the default music serivce is set to YouTube Music. I even set it to Spotify and then back to YouTube music. Need help getting this working again.
Answered! Go to the Recommended Answer.
I have the same problem. Google Home Mini and Google Homes (I have five total devices) are refusing to play Youtube Music. I have the following:
1) Youtube Premium Account
2) Youtube and Youtube Music play perfectly fine on my computer and phone.
3) Other music services (iHeart) and radio streaming (SiriusXM) work perfectly
4) Queries such as asking for the weather, time, a joke, definitions of words, all work perfectly
5) The issue appears to be Youtube related. I double checked ALL my settings in my Google and Youtube accounts. I triple checked all my network settings, turned off Ad Blocking, verified the MAC address, IP address, and device were all correctly showing up and routing out my Gateway.
6) the default troubleshooting Google and Youtube have provided is worthless, and it appears that they don't care about their customers. My take is that because it's the weekend, they won't respond to this issue, and may never do so until customers start abandoning them for Amazon Alexa/Echo. Since I already have those, I will just close my premium account and toss these in the trash after using them for sledge hammer practice.
A few questions: is the behavior happening through voice command on your Google Nest speakers and through your Youtube Music app? Do you have a family account?
If YTM is also affected, I suggest you unlink your YouTube account from your Home app, uninstall and reinstall the YouTube or YouTube Music app from your phone. Relink YTM to Google Home app and set it as default.
If there are other family members, let them follow these steps to retrain their voice.
Tell me how it goes.
We do have a YouTube Premium family plan.
The issue is just when my wife tries to use the voice assistant through the speaker to play music. It tells her it cannot find it or it is not available on YouTube even is the request is just to play music. Happens with both the Home Mini speakers we have. She can use the app on her phone to play music on the spearker.
I will have her do the troubleshooting steps you recommened when I get home tonight.
Appreciate your efforts and thanks for updating the Community forum of your resolution. Let us know if you have other questions or concerns.
@black-wolf, how's it going with your Google Home Mini? You might want to try the steps provided by staabbj to see if it helps.
Dan_A: No, I'm good. I filed a couple of "Send Feedback" reports through my Google Home and complained about the issue. It got fixed on Monday evening. No explanation given. I had already tried all the basic recommendations - I'm a network engineer - take that for what it's worth - but I am very familiar with all the possible troubleshooting steps that needed to be taken, including resetting the device (Home/Mini) back to factory defaults, removing them from the Home App on my phone, and even removing/resinstalling the app). The issue was not account related because I could get to YT Music just fine from anything (Phone/computer) EXCEPT the Google Home/Mini's and it affected EVERY one of my home/mini's. So, whatever the issue was it was affecting ONLY the Google Speaker devices and nothing else. Submitting the "Send Feedback" report appears to have been what got the right person's attention and it's been working fine since.
Thanks for checking back.