cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google assistant not responding

HornsbyGarbo
Community Member

Recently my Google assistant has had an ongoing, worsening problem. When "hey google" is called out, no response is given. When the problem was starting out, unplugging and replugging the device worked, but lately nothing has been working, and it has not been picking up commands at all. I have tried resting, using different wifi, placing it in different quiet locations, and even have tried different people calling out to it, and nothing has been working. 

5 REPLIES 5

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@HornsbyGarbo 

I wonder whether this could be caused either by poor Google Nest server support for your country or region, or by slow internet access, weak Wi-Fi signal strength, or inadequate internet bandwidth.

Doubt that bad internet would be a problem as less than a meter away is a 5gps gaming wifi router that works perfectly for my pc. Would google really offer low support in Australia?

@HornsbyGarbo 

I have no idea. We live in Minnesota, USA, and have excellent response from Google Assistant, but I keep seeing posts like yours and wondering what could be the cause.

Do you know if there is a way of factory resting the device, as this is the only solution I can think of

@HornsbyGarbo 

This is Google Nest's Help page on doing factory resets.  When I reset one of our Nest Hubs awhile ago, I first removed it from the Google Home app, then did the factory reset, and then reinstalled it.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7073477?hl=en